Title: "Psychotherapy: the great absence in the European Pact for Mental Health"
Dr. Manuel Gomez Beneyto has a degree in Medicine (University of Santiago de Compostela), Diploma in Psychological Medicine (Royal College of Psychiatrists, London) and MD (University of Valencia). He is member of the Spanish Federation of Psychotherapy Associations (FEAP).
Professor of Psychiatry, Coordinator of the Teaching Unit of Psychiatry of the Department of Medicine and Professor of Social Psychiatry of the Department of Medicine, everything at the University of Valencia. He is currently Professor Emeritus of the University.
His research interests are related to psychiatric epidemiology, assessment of mental health services, and psychotherapy. He is a member of CIBERSAM.
His clinical work has developed in different services:
• Head of Psychology Service, Hospital General de Galicia.
• Head of the Hospitalization Service of the Provincial Council of Valencia.
• Director of the Institute of Mental Health, Provincial Council of Valencia.
• Coordinator Malva-Rosa Mental Health Center, Ministry of Health, Generalitat Valenciana. On the other hand has pursued over time several representative positions: In the past:
• President of Psychiatric Epidemiology of the Spanish Society.
• President of the European Board of Psychiatry of the UEMS.
• Secretary of the European Division of the Royal College of Psychiatry. Currently:
• Responsible Scientist of the National Strategy in Mental Health of the National Health System.
• National counterpart of the World Health Organization.
• President of the National Commission of Psychiatry.
• Member of the National Council of Specialties in Health Sciences.
• Member of the Committee on Accreditation of Faculty Centers.
• Fellow of the Royal College of Psychiatrists.