Ponente: Celia Scanlan
Conferencia: "Assesment, the First Encounter"
Psychodrama/psychotherapist UKCP reg.
Synopsis of C.V.
Qualifications & Practice
- RMN qualified 1981 (retired)
- 1983- 94 seconded to inpatient psychotherapy unit at Cheadle Royal
- 1985 Completed Introduction to Group Analysis, North Manchester
- 1987- 91 Psychodrama/psychotherapist
- 1994 BPA accredited Trainer
- 1998 BPA accredited Senior Trainer
- 30 yrs experience in Mental Health Field
- 1982-3 Seconded as nurse therapist to psychotherapy department under
- direction of Dr David Kennard
- 1984 Founder member Cheadle Royal Psychotherapy and Counselling
- Service. Director Dr. John Bird
- 1994 Founder member of The Northern School of Psychodrama (NSP)
- Trainer and course administrator.
- 1996 Founder membber Hampden House Psychotherapy Service,
- 1998 Moved to Scotland, joined the staff of The Garnethill Therapy
- Centre Glasgow. Lead author of the Garnethill course in
- Psychodynamic Counselling.
- 2002 Undertook supervision course with IGA (North London)
- 2003 Left staff of Garnethill remaining as an external associate
- 2003 Established private practice Glasgow.
- 2007 May retired from the Northern School of Psychodrama.
- 2011 – on-going private practice.
- 1997 Chairperson of BPA
- 1996-2000 External Examiner to Oxford Psychodrama Group
- 2000 -2010 Member of accreditation committee and chair of re-
- accreditation sub committee (TOAS)
- 2000 Moderator to the North Staffordshire Integrative Therapies
- Diploma Course.
- 2004 - BPA representative at Federation of European Psychodrama
- Training Organisations (FEPTO).
- 2008 - member of the FEPTO Council. Currently Secretary and Chair of
- European Affairs Committee. Delegate to European Association for
- 2008 Organiser of FEPTO annual Meeting and Conference
- 2009 Organiser BPA annual Conference
- Presenter at many conferences e.g. BPA annually, IAGP 2009, Bridge
- Pastoral Foundation 2001; FEPTO Conference, Israel 2011
- 2010 gained ECP
- 2011 appointed “International Specialist for EAP training and
- accreditation committee.
- Elected co Chair EAP, European Wide Organisations Committee
- Member of Executive EAP